SGS Fender Telecaster Electronics Upgrade- 4 Way Switch
This gives you the usual Tele sounds in the first three positions. But in position 4, you get both pickups in series like a humbucker. It’s a big boost in output and a big, fat tone!
You need to make one important adjustment: The neck pickup’s cover has to be grounded with a separate wire. That means you have to flip the pickup over and cut the little un-insulated jumper wire that connects to the cover. That leaves a 1/4-inch nub of wire connected to the cover. Attach a new wire to that, and connect it to ground.
This wiring works great with any vintage-output Tele pickups.
This set is available with either solid shaft or split shaft pots. Most Telecasters use solid shaft. Contact us if you have any questions!
Included in each SGS Fender Telecaster "FT4way" set:
2) USA made CTS 250K Vintage Style Audio Pots, (solid or split shaft) with Nut, Lock and Dress Washer.
1) Mojo Tone 4 way pickup selector switch
1) "Orange Drop" .047 mfd 100 volt Capacitor
4) Vintage style push back black (ground) and white (hot) cloth covered wires, 22 gauge, with a waxed braided cotton outer insulation.
1) Switchcraft #11 input jack with shrink wrap strain relief on both terminals
1) Wiring diagram (see photo section)
1) Assembly template board
Each set is assembled, hand wired and soldered in the USA using premium parts. All sets are signed by Dave Starr and have their own serial number.Note: Most guitars manufactured overseas in South Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use 6mm metric pots and have metric sized holes drilled. You will need to enlarge the pot holes to 3/8" to fit these CTS pots properly.