SGS Fender Telecaster Electronics Upgrade- PRO Lefty
The sad truth is.... that many left handed guitars, even expensive ones use right handed pots! Why? Because most companies are to cheap to install the proper left handed pots that only cost a few dollars more. They also don't want to be bothered with the cost of reverse wiring for such a small percentage of the market. So what you might have is a great playing lefty with right handed electronics on board. The taper and control on the pots will be all wrong! Here is the solution....We use actual CTS left handed pots for the proper taper and control!
Included in each Fender Telecaster Left Handed "PRO" system:
2) USA made Left handed CTS vintage style 250K audio pots. 24 spline split knurled shaft. Includes nut, lock, and dress washer. Threaded bushing height 1/4 inch. Knurled top 5/16 inch tall.
2) Brass Sleeves - Converts Split Shaft Pot to Solid Shaft Pot. Inside diameter approximately 6mm.
1) 3-Way CRL pickup selector switch
1) WD oil/mylar .047 Capacitor 600 volt
1) Treble Bleed Mod (gives you more uniform tone from 1 to 10, and a more rounded sound at low volume)
1) USA made Switchcraft #11 input jack with heat shrink support/protection on both terminals
4) Gavitt Vintage style BLUE & BLACK cloth wire
1) Wiring diagram (see photo section)
1) Assembly template board
NOTE: If you have humbucker pickups in your lefty telecaster, this system can also be ordered with 500K Left Handed pots instead of the 250K Left Handed pots! SAME PRICE!
Each set is assembled, hand wired and soldered in the USA using premium parts. All sets are signed by Dave Starr and have their own serial number.Note: Most guitars manufactured overseas in South Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use 6mm metric pots and have metric sized holes drilled. You will need to enlarge the pot holes to 3/8" to fit these CTS pots properly.