The sad truth is.... that many left handed basses, even expensive ones use right handed pots! Why? Because most companies are to cheap to install the proper left handed pots that only cost a few dollars more. They also don't want to be bothered with the cost of reverse wiring for such a small percentage of the market. So what you might have is a great playing lefty with right handed electronics on board. The taper and control on the pots will be all wrong! Here is the solution....Included in each SGS "PRO" LEFTY Jazz Bass set:
3) Left handed CTS vintage style 250K audio pots. 24 spline split knurled shaft. Includes nut, lock, and dress washer. Threaded bushing height 1/4 inch. Knurled top 5/16 inch tall.
3) Brass Sleeves - Converts Split Shaft Pot to Solid Shaft Pot. Inside diameter approximately 6mm.
1) Mallory .047 capacitor
4) Gavitt vintage cloth wire; BLUE (hot) & BLACK (ground). Custom made for us here in the USA!
1) Switchcraft #11 input jack with shrink wrap support/protection on both terminals
1) Wiring diagram (see photo section)
1) Assembly template board
Premium replacement electronics for your Fender or Fender style J-Bass! Each set is assembled, hand wired and soldered in the USA using premium parts. Upgrade your import bass electronics, or replace your old worn out parts with these brand new low priced replacement units! Simply attach your pickup wires, bridge ground wire and you are ready to rock! All sets are signed by Dave Starr and have their own serial number.
Note: Most guitars manufactured overseas in South Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use 6mm metric pots and have metric sized holes drilled. You will need to enlarge the pot holes to 3/8" to fit these CTS pots properly.