Wilson Wah Pedal - Grey Clone
A meticulous recreation of the 60's wah made famous by Jimmy Page. This wah has a distinctive sound that is great for rock and funk and works particularly well with layers of fx due to it's upper mids focus.
The Grey Clone was originally designed by Wilson Effects for Andy Martin of Reverb and Tone Report fame. The pedal needed to nail the tone of the original 250mh model that was played by Jimi Page in the early Zeppelin years. Well needless to say they nailed it! Modeled after that classic circuit you can achieve those tones straight out of the box or if you like to tweak a bit there are plenty of options. Here's what goes into every Grey Clone.
- Built with NOS tropical fish capacitors
- Carbon Composition Resistors throughout the Wah circuit
- BC109B Transistors
- NOS Clarostat Hot Potz 1
- True Bypass switching. The pedal comes without an LED but one can be added
- Fuzz Friendly output buffer, so your pedal works well with fuzz and overdrives
- Custom wound Red Sparkle 250mh Inductor made by Joe Gagan
- Growl trimmer - adds bass and gain to the circuit if desired or eliminates it
- Mid-Range trimmer - adjusts the amount of mid-range in the sweep of the wah
- Sweep Range trimmer - adjusts the width of the sweep or depth if you prefer
- Boost trimmer - The Grey Clone has an incorporated boost circuit that allows you to push the volume far beyond unity gain. Actually I highly recommend not using full boost as it can cause unwanted noise and actually breakup your amp.
- 6 Position DIP Q Switch - This allows you to dial in a variety of different wah tones.
The pedal also uses Neutrik input and output jacks and runs off of a 9 volt battery or center negative Boss style power supply.
We are proud to be official dealers of Wilson Effects. All pedals are covered by a one year warranty on parts and labor and are hand built right here in the U.S.