Wiring Harness upgrade for Fender J-Bass LEFT HANDED vintage 250k pots.
The sad truth is.... that many left handed basses, even expensive ones use right handed pots! Why? Because most companies are to cheap to install the proper left handed pots that only cost a few dollars more. They also don't want to be bothered with the cost of reverse wiring for such a small percentage of the market. So what you might have is a great playing lefty with right handed electronics on board. The taper and control on the pots will be all wrong! Here is our solution...
Included in each Jazz Bass Vintage Pro Lefty set:
3) Left handed CTS vintage style 250K audio pots. 24 spline split knurled shaft. Includes nut, lock, and dress washer. Threaded bushing height 1/4 inch. Knurled top 5/16 inch tall.
3) Brass Sleeves - Converts Split Shaft Pot to Solid Shaft Pot. Inside diameter approximately 6mm.
1) Orange Drop .047 100v Capacitor
1) Switchcraft #11 input jack with shrink wrap support/protection on both terminals
5) Vintage Style cloth covered wiring
1) Wiring diagram (see photo section)
1) Assembly template board
Premium replacement electronics for your Fender J-Bass! Each set is assembled, hand wired and soldered in the USA using premium parts. Upgrade your import bass electronics, or replace your old worn out parts with these premium replacement units! Simply attach your pickup wires, and bridge ground wire and you are ready to rock! All sets are signed by Dave Starr and have their own serial number.
Note: Most guitars manufactured overseas in South Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use 6mm metric pots and have metric sized holes drilled. You will need to enlarge the pot holes to 3/8" to fit these CTS pots properly.